Notes on codes, projects and everything
To test our understanding in RSA public key cryptosystem, we were being asked to develop a computer program to demonstrate the cryptosystem. The whole system consists of a random number generator, an encoding module that is able to encode characters into numbers, an encryption module as well as decryption module and finally an RSA cryptosystem cracking module.
The program is written in Microsoft® Visual C6, the reason why Visual C6 is being selected is because we wanted to do something simple. There is no GUI being implemented as we wanted to spend more time in enhancing the program.
To generate random number, we used Blum-Blum-Shub random number generator as we found it to be the easiest to implement.
I happened to find a general solution suggestion on a Wikipedia entry when I was browsing the internet around to find a solution to modular exponential problem. The code snippet posted on the wikipedia entry claimed that it came from …
RSA is a cryptosystem …
So I first heard about Panda probably a year ago when I was in my previous job. It looked nice, but I didn’t really get the chance to use it. So practically it is a library that makes data looks like a mix of relational database table and excel sheet. It is easy to do query with it, and provides a way to process it fast if you know how to do it properly (no, I don’t, so I cheated).
To do node selection for DOM operations, one typically uses CSS selectors as (probably) popularized by jQuery. However, there is another alternative that is as powerful if not better known as XPath. XPath may be able to do a lot more than just selecting node (which I have no time to find out for now) but I will just focus on how to do node selection in this blog post.
After a miserable trip back to academic world, I finally re-gained the courage to get back to job-market. For the time spent in university, I spent quite some time reading about Semantic Web and RDF. Then I thought, I should have published more in this format in future. However, that didn’t really happen, mostly because I am too lazy.
Writing a usable form and database library has always been a painful experience. So why bother re-inventing the wheel when there are so many to choose from already? I am writing one mostly for learning purpose. After numerous attempts, I finally get my form and database library in shape. It is nowhere complete, but nor it is perfect, but it is currently the implementation that is closest to my original design. I will keep working on it so it can be used in my personal projects in the future.
Implementing a Information Retrieval system is a fun thing to do. However, doing it efficiently is not (at least to me). So my first few attempts didn’t really end well (mostly uses just Go/golang with some bash tricks here and there, with or without a database). Then I jumped back to Python, which I am more familiar with and was very surprised with all the options available. So I started with Pandas and Scikit-learn combo.