Notes on codes, projects and everything
Recently I am involved in developing some small modules for a enterprise class website using CodeIgniter (CI). There was no restriction given on which framework should I use for the development and I chose CI as I learned a bit on it (when I was considering whether to shift my personal development project). Of course there are other reasons why I chose to learn CI, for example the superior documentation and screencasts available.
Had a discussion with my secondary supervisor and it turned out pretty bad because I wasn’t fully prepared and he was rushing to somewhere else for a meeting. So I am jotting down a brief summary (read: highly based on personal/subjective feelings/opinions) of my readings here to help organize things before the followup meeting that is taking place next week.
I wanted to try using virtuoso as the storage engine for Redland but unfortunately there is no librdf-storage-virtuoso package for Ubuntu. After getting some help from @dajobe, I attempted to build the packages myself. Although it takes quite some time to build packages, but not too difficult it seems.
After being frustrated of not getting consistent and accurate result via standard DOM methods especially
html_element.setAttribute('key', 'value');, I came across some YUI library components that provides abstractions to various DOM methods. Some interesting DOM-related tools covered in this post are
A friend of mine recently posted a screenshot containing a code snippet for a fairly straight forward problem. So after reading the solution I suddenly had the itch to propose another solution that I initially thought would be better (SPOILER: Turns out it isn’t). Then mysteriously I stuck myself to my seat and started coding an alternative solution to it instead of playing Diablo 3 just now.
I was thinking whether it is possible to avoid exposing PDO and PDOStatement objects to the users of my database library (mainly just me). While I was working on my project I sort of notice that there is a almost fixed pattern whenever I work with the database. With this in mind, I added in some new functions to the library, and decided to make a quick release for this.